Please read these Terms, Conditions, and Disclaimers carefully before using this Website. By accessing, browsing and/or using this Website, you acknowledge your agreement to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions.
- Welcome to the First Global Bank Rewards Your Way Programme (the “Programme”), which allows the holders of First Global Bank Personal Credit Card Accounts to earn Points (“Reward Points”) when using their Credit Cards to make certain purchases and to redeem these Points for Rewards.
- The Terms and Conditions of the Programme are set out below. Under these Terms, “the Bank”, “we,” “our” and “us” refer to First Global Bank Limited and “you” and “your” refer to an individual who has submitted an application for and holds a First Global Bank Personal Credit Card Account as defined below . These Terms are subject to change by us at any time, upon notice to you. You are bound by these Terms as long as you are enrolled in the Programme. They are also binding after your enrollment in the Programme is terminated, in respect of any issue or transaction that occurred during your enrollment.
Enrollment and Eligibility
- As the holder of a First Global Bank Personal Credit Card Account you have been automatically enrolled in the Rewards Your Way Programme. However, you must be at least 18 years of age and have an Account in Good Standing as defined below in order to participate in the Programme by earning Points and redeeming them for Rewards.
- If you fail to meet our eligibility requirements, we maintain the right to withhold any Points you may have earned.
- Your continued use of your Credit Card while enrolled as a member of the Programme constitutes your consent to these Terms and Conditions in connection with any transactions you do while you are a participant in the Programme. We may also cancel your enrollment in the Programme for any reason at any time.
“Account” or “First Global Bank Credit Card Account” means any of the Personal Credit Card Accounts held with First Global Bank: Visa Classic, Visa Gold, Visa Platinum.
“Account in Good Standing” means an Account that is not more than two (2) consecutive Account Statement periods past due and is not closed, charged off or in credit-revoked status, in accordance with our credit risk policies that may change from time to time.
“Account Statement” means the paper or electronic statement of the Account that we prepare approximately every four (4) weeks.
“Authorized User” means an individual, other than you, to whom the Bank has issued a Card on your Account at your request.
“Credit Card” means any Credit Card we issue on your Account and all renewals of and replacements for that Credit Card.
“FGB E-vouchers” mean vouchers issued by us electronically or otherwise indicating the particular Reward which you have requested for redemption and for which you qualify as provided herein.
“FGB Rewards Account” means the nominal account we maintain in your name for the crediting and debiting of Points in connection with the Rewards Programme.
“Participating Retailer” means such retailers, vendors, merchants or service providers as may be selected by the Bank from time to time to participate in the Programme for redemption of Points and to make special offers on the Programme Website.
“Programme Website” or “the Website” means www.fgbrewards.com or rewards.firstglobal-bank.com.
“Reward” means, charity vouchers, travel miles, merchandise, gift cards/certificates redeemable for merchandise or services from merchants, vendors, or retailers selected by the Bank and displayed in the Rewards catalogue on the Programme Website from time to time, which are redeemable by you under the Programme in accordance with the provisions herein.
“Statement Date” means the last day of the period to which an Account Statement relates.
You agree with us as follows:
Earning Reward Points
- You may earn Reward Points by using your Credit Card to make purchases. For every J$100 in net purchases you spend using your Jamaican Dollar denominated Credit Card you will earn 1 point. For every US$1 in net purchases you spend using your US Dollar-denominated Credit Card you will earn (one) 1 point. “Net Purchases” mean purchases of goods and services that you or an Authorized User charges to your Account, less any credits. No Points will be earned for cash advances, interest charges, fees or for the redemption of Reward Points.
- Offers extended by Participating Retailers from time to time and displayed on the Programme Website, will allow you to earn additional Reward Points once you fulfil any applicable conditions for each such offer as indicated on the Website.
- We may adjust the number of Reward Points to be earned from purchases at any time and will advise you of such changes. The number of Points required to qualify for each Reward will be displayed on the Programme Website.
- If you return an item purchased using your Credit Card, we will deduct from your Rewards Account the Points you originally received for the returned item. If you return an item after you have already earned Rewards Points and all these Points have been redeemed, we will deduct from your Account the dollar value of the Reward Points you originally received for the returned item.
- Your Reward Points transactions and balance (“Points Statement”) will be shown on a section of your monthly Account Statement. You agree to notify us in writing of any errors in your Points Statement within thirty (30) days from the Account Statement date failing which we will be entitled to treat the entries and balance in that Points Statement as complete, correct and binding.
- Reward Points have no cash value and can only be redeemed for Rewards shown on the Website while your enrollment in the Programme is in effect. You have no ownership rights with respect to any Reward Points earned by you and they do not constitute property for any purpose. Rewards Point may only be transferred to another person as set out in Section 24 below. Points may only be consolidated, converted, exchanged, combined, transferred or rolled-up to another FGB Rewards account as set out in Section 23 below.
Redemptions and Returns
- The Programme provides you with the opportunity to redeem your Points for the Rewards made available through Participating Retailers as displayed on the Programme Website, or as indicated by calling our Customer Care toll-free at 1888-CALL-FGB(1-888-225-5342). All Reward offerings are subject to availability and such other Terms and Conditions as may be specified in respect of that Reward by us on the Programme Website or through other written correspondence with you.
- Your Reward Points may only be redeemed by you.
- Reward Points are available for redemption after the date of the Account Statement on which the transactions for which the Points were earned and on which the Points earned first appear. Transactions that take place prior to the date of an Account Statement will not appear on the Statement if they have not been posted or processed by the merchant, the Visa system or by us by the Statement Date.
- To order Rewards please visit the Programme Website or call us toll-free at 1-888-CALL-FGB(1-888-225-5342). Once you have an Account in Good Standing and you have the number of Reward Points required for the Rewards you have selected, an FGB e-voucher will be delivered to you or made available for your collection. The FGB e-voucher can then be exchanged at the respective Participating Retailer or Merchant for your selected Reward.
- Your FGB Rewards Account will be debited the number of Points required to redeem the item/service you select on the date you request the Reward. All Rewards will be delivered to you by the retailer or merchant providing them. First Global Bank makes no warranty or representation in relation to the quality, safety or suitability of the Rewards provided by the respective retailers or merchants and such merchants shall be solely responsible to you for any claims, loss, damage, exchanges or return of Rewards necessitated due to any defect, damage or inaccuracy in the Rewards or their delivery to you.
- All Redemptions are final once approved by First Global Bank and may not be cancelled thereafter. First Global Bank reserves the rights to enforce this policy at its discretion. In the event that a cancelation request is agreed on by the bank, your FGB Rewards Account will only be credited the appropriate number of Points you redeemed for the item and the Rewards voucher will be voided.
- Reward Points must be redeemed during the operation of the Programme and while your Account is in Good Standing.
- Reward Points must be redeemed within 36 months from the date of the transaction for which they are earned.
- Total number of points that can be accumulated per quarter is capped at 40,000
- Reward Points that remain unredeemed:
- as of sixty (60) days after the termination of the Programme;
- for any period after you voluntarily close your Account; or
- for any period after we close your Account;
may automatically be cancelled without notice to you and may not be subsequently redeemed, consolidated, converted, exchanged, combined, transferred or rolled-up.
Reward Points Consolidation, Conversion, Exchange, Combination, Transfer or Roll-Up
- You may request that we consolidate, convert, exchange, combine, transfer or roll-up Reward Points earned in multiple FGB Rewards Accounts held by you subject to the Bank’s approval and such restrictions and conditions as we may impose, from time to time, in our absolute discretion.
- You may also request that we transfer Reward Points earned by you to another Credit Card holder’s Account subject to the Bank’s approval and such restrictions and conditions as we may impose, from time to time, in our absolute discretion.
Limits of our Responsibility
- Neither the Bank, nor any Participating Retailer or merchant in the Programme, nor any of our respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, or agents will be liable to you, or anyone making a claim on your behalf, in connection with (i)any change in Rewards which is reflected on the Programme Website; (ii) any forfeiture of Reward Points due to termination of the Programme or your enrollment; (iii) any dispute you may have with any Participating Retailer or related to your transactions with, or purchases from any retailer, (iv) any loss, damage, expense or inconvenience caused by any occurrence outside of our control; or (v) any content, products or service appearing on a Website to which we provide a link from the Programme Website.
Use of Information
- Any waiver granted by us in respect to strict compliance with any aspect of these Terms and Conditions shall not alter, affect or prejudice any of our other rights or recourses and shall be deemed not to be a waiver of any of your rights and recourses arising in respect of any other breach of these Terms. No delay or omission by us in exercising any right or recourses hereunder shall operate as a waiver of that or any other right or recourses.
- Any taxes arising from the redemption of Reward Points or the receipt of a Reward shall be payable by you.
Changes to the Programme and these Terms and Conditions
- We may terminate, change or temporarily suspend the Programme, or change these Terms and Conditions or Rewards at any time, with or without prior notice. This means that the accumulation of Reward Points does not entitle you to any vested rights with respect to the Points, Rewards, or Programme benefits.
- To ensure that you do not miss any correspondence from us about the Programme, you are required to notify us immediately of any changes in your mailing address and other contact information you may have given us in connection with your Account. We may also communicate with you electronically and any notice or electronic statement of the Account provided to you, or agreement we make electronically, will be considered to be “in writing”, signed and delivered for all purposes.
- All questions or disputes regarding the Programme and the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by us in our sole discretion and in accordance with the Laws of Jamaica.
* These Terms and Conditions are current as of September 29th 2012 and are subject to change. You may always view the current Terms and Conditions by visiting the Programme Website or you may call 1888-CALL-FGB(1-888-225-5342) to request a copy.