At First Global Bank we are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
What kind of information do we collect?
The information we collect is limited to what we need to:
- administer your records and funds;
- comply with laws and regulations;
- help us design or improve products and services; and
- understand your financial needs so as to provide you with quality products and superior service.
What is “non-public” personal information?
This is information about you that we gather to provide you with a financial product or service. For example information on:
- your account balance;
- payment and overdraft history.
We may collect, retain and use non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- your applications or other loan and account forms;
- your accounts or transactions with us, our affiliates or others – e.g. account balances, account activity and payment history; and
- from Consumer Reports showing your creditworthiness or credit history.
What information do we disclose?
Under the law we are allowed to disclose non-public personal information about you to other third parties in certain circumstances. For example:
- we disclose non-public personal information about you to third parties to assist us in servicing your loan or account with us;
- to government entities in response to subpoenas; and
- to credit bureaus.
FGB does not disclose non-public personal information about you to anyone unless it is permitted by law.
Why do we disclose non-public personal information to service providers?
To help us to:
- comply with laws and regulations;
- process or complete account transactions;
- administer or enforce a transaction;
- design and improve our products and services;
- print cheques; or
- collect debts.
Service Provider Agreements
When we enter into contractual agreements with service providers, we prohibit them from disclosing or using your non-public personal information for any purpose other than those listed above.
Affiliate Companies & Companies Working with and on Behalf of FGB
We may share the information we collect with the following:
- companies performing marketing services on our behalf;
- other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements, e.g. insurance companies, credit card issuers; and
- vendors we hire to prepare Account Statements or to provide support for one or more of our products and services.
These companies act on our behalf, and are contractually obligated to treat the information we give them as confidential, and to use the information only for the purposes authorized.
Our Security Procedures
- All operational and data processing systems are in a secure environment and cannot be accessed by unauthorized individuals or third parties.
- Access to non-public personal information about you is restricted to those Associates who require it.
- We train all employees to recognize and respect your privacy.
- The Bank maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards which comply with industry standards to protect your non-public personal information.
- Correspondence and telephone conversations are monitored for quality, compliance and accuracy to ensure that our standards are being observed.
Cookies and Browsers
A browser cookie is a small amount of information stored in a file on a host computer.
- Cookies allow a web page to store information that will remain on the user's computer after it exits from the page.
- Cookies are not used to retrieve data from your hard drive, nor can they run a programme on your computer.
- We do not store personally identifiable information in these cookies, and we do not read any cookies that we did not specifically place.
This Policy was last modified on April 22, 2009.